No products in the cart
NOTE: these instructions and video are for WordPress.com blogs and not for self hosted wordpress blogs or websites
as it is much easier to put a YouTube video in a sidebar on a self hosted WordPress website. I will show you in another post how to do that.
- sign up to www.vodpod.com
- add your videos from various sources including YouTube to your vodpod account
- make sure you are still signed in to vodpod
- go to Appearance -> Widgets
- click and drag the VodPod widget to the side bar
- the embed code will either be automatically pasted in the displayed in the widget if not
- click on get your widget code which will display the widget code on the vodpod page you already had open.
- copy the widget code from vodpod.com and paste it into your WordPress vodpod widget in the Short Code box
- save and you’re done
A link to the Video Tutorial of the above process is below
The website showing a live example of this in action
I’ve been building WordPress websites for over a decade, spoken at conferences around the world, and taught countless people how to build and maintain their sites.
I know its a jungle out there finding the right people for website development.
But I’m here to help.
Author Profile – Tony Cosentino